Monday, March 3, 2014

Thyme Pork Chops with Apple and Onion and Candied Carrots


Sprinkled flour (quiona flour is what I used) on a plate. Sprinkled a decent amount of thyme and a little poultry seasoning on the flour, coated the pork chops with it. I sprinkled more seasoning on the flour each time I flipped the pork to make sure the seasoning got on all the meat. Pan fried with some oil over a medium/medium low heat until done. While they were cooking I let half a small onion cook with some olive oil over low heat. While things cooked I peeled and sliced the apple. It was an ambrosia apple which is my new favorite. When the pork was done I set it aside and poured some white wine (Riunite D'Oro is what I had and its a really good wine) in the pan to dissolve the flour and spices that were in the pan. After a minute I added the apples and the cooked onion, mixed it all up, and covered, cooking until the apples were a little tender and the wine was gone, stiring at one point. Added a blog of butter that had been seasoned with parsley, rosemary, and thyme. Stirred the butter in so it would melt then poured it over the pork chops. It was amazing. 

The carrots are just candied in butter and brown sugar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment