Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pork Tenderloin, Wilted Spinach and Cranberry Salad

I'm back on the diet (again) lol. I'm not being super strict again. Everytime I do I feel like crap. I've been about 50-60 carbs the last 3 days. I figure thats not too bad. I'm mainly avoiding the granola bar, 3 cookies, and 2 mikes lemonades lol.

I thought I'd write down what I made yesterday though because it was amazing.



I made this pork. Basically you look a pork loin like normal, I used salt and pepper and seared the outside, then baked it for about 20 minutes at 425. Then when its almost done, maybe 5-10 degrees away, I took it out and mixed some dijon mustard and some real seedy stone ground regular mustard and put that all over it. Then I carefully patted some brown sugar on it while hitting the thermometer and burning my hand lol. I used as little brown sugar as possible. I baked it till done. It was quite amazing.

I then made a wilted spinach cranberry salad. I looked at recipes online but couldn't find one so made it up. It was frozen cranberries, maybe 1 tablespoon of white sugar, some water. I simmered it till it started to combine. Then remembered pepper and added a small dash of that. I added maybe a tsp of olive oil, then a bunch of spinach and turned off the heat and put a lid on it. After a few minutes I tossed it all up. It was delicious!

That was all served with deviled eggs. It was somewhere between 20-30 carbs for the whole meal. It was great too.


Tonight was bacon cheeseburgers with coleslaw. Again, delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment