Thursday, November 29, 2012

Granola Bar Attempt

I was craving chocolate and coconut last night so decided to try my hand at some homemade granola bar. I couldn't find a recipe that I liked really. This 5 ingredient one was the closest I could find. I didn't want peanut butter though. So I said screw it and went in the kitchen and started throwing things in a bowl lol. I ended up using.

agave syrup
coconut oil
almond butter (I didn't want the peanut taste)
 microwaved it till melted and creamy

added chopped walnuts
sweetened coconut
chocolate chips
old fashioned oats

I baked it at 300 for about 20 minutes before I was so impatient I took it out. It never firmed up. Its a gooey mess. And a little too sweet. But pretty amazing. Its kinda like a no bake cookie.

Heres a quick terrible pic...


No comments:

Post a Comment