Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Grain-Free Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

I'd have to look around to see where I found this recipe but I wanted to share it. Its pretty amazing. I did some changing though. I used 1/2 cup of quinoa flour and 1/2 cup better batter flour. I also used 1/2 cup Ghirardelli chocolate chips. I think I need to use 3/4 cup flour next time maybe. Or find some coconut flour and try it... But they are pretty amazing.

Grain-Free Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

Makes 12

Ingredients

1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
6 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
dash of cinnamon
3/4 cup shredded zucchini
1/4 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.

In a large bowl, melt together coconut oil and honey. Whisk in eggs and vanilla.

In a small bowl, stir together coconut flour, cocoa, baking soda, and cinnamon. Pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine thoroughly. Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips.

Scoop 1/4 cup of batter per muffin liner and bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment